Date(s) - 10/01/2023 - 10/06/2023
The Indiana State Police in partnership with the Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council (IPAC), will be hosting the tenth Indiana Covert Drug Investigation School. The school will take place at Camp Atterbury in Edinburgh, Indiana, October 1, 2023, through October 6, 2023. The week-long course provides the covert investigator, unit supervisor, and prosecuting attorney with training on investigative techniques, surveillance operations, raid preparation and execution, interview and interrogation, managing confidential informants, court preparation, and many other related drug investigative topics. This school will be devoted exclusively to the Indiana law enforcement community.
This training employs a mix of mediums to enhance learning. The course is built around lectures, straight-forward fact scenario, mini workgroups, and hands-on practical applications. The training is designed to be interactive among the participants. The course is intended for drug investigators and prosecutors with 1-5 years of drug enforcement experience and is also beneficial to uniformed personnel in order to see how their
efforts directly affect the follow-up investigation by investigators.
There is NO COST for this training. Tuition, lodging, meals and instructional materials will be provided by IPAC. The only expense to the student is transportation to and from Camp Atterbury, which is near Edinburgh, Indiana. Students will report to the school Sunday, October 1, 2023, and must remain at the school until late afternoon on Friday, October 6, 2023.
Questions may be directed to:
Lieutenant Trevor Wiggam (317) 247-1852 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
M/Trooper Brian Harshman (317) 247-1852 or email: email@example.com
The receipt of application forms will NOT guarantee a position in this course
- After the close of application, students will be notified of their selection to attend by email. DO NOT SHOW UP WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL – YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY!
- Positions in this class are specifically arranged by department and experience.
- This course provides hands-on training scenarios which can be quite strenuous in nature. If you are not in appropriate physical condition, you may want to reconsider applying. If you have questions regarding this, please call.
- This course is being offered free-of-charge by the Indiana Prosecutors Association Council (IPAC). Meals and lodging will be provided for all students at the training site.
- If you are unable to attend after notification of your acceptance to the class, please notify us immediately so that your position can be filled.
- Do not send another officer/attorney in your place without prior approval.
Registration Deadline: July 31, 2023